Working exclusively with tenants on acquiring and disposing of commercial property leases
Whether searching for new office or industrial space, relocating retail premises or looking to grow your business in Malaysia or overseas, Knight Frank’s specialist tenant advisors are on hand to work with you on reaching your corporate real estate needs and objectives.
Our dedicated teams of experienced advisors and negotiators seek to minimise leasing costs and occupancy risks while maximising workplace flexibility and productivity.
Why Knight Young
We make it our business to get to know your business. We review your corporate strategy in conjunction with your real estate requirements, offering impartial, timely advice and solutions that are tailored specifically to you.
Working closely with our landlord and research teams we benefit from a thorough understanding of the marketplace including leasing trends and regulations, vacancy rates and development activity. Our occupier clients span all sectors including financial and professional services, media, technology, FMCG and government bodies, which also ensures we have a thorough appreciation of changing occupational activity and requirements across Malaysia and the globe.
Our Tenant Representation team works on a wide range of client projects – from single transactions, acquisitions, disposals and professional consultancy contracts, to complete occupational and real estate strategies.
Finding and securing space
Acquisition advice typically includes the following stages of activity:
- Identifying your requirements, reviewing all strategic options
- Conducting searches for, and inspections of, suitable premises
- Negotiation of market terms for occupation or purchase
- Financial analysis of the terms for occupation or purchase
- Liaison with legal advisors
Professional consultancy services include:
- Lease advisory, including rent reviews and lease renewals
- Advice on business rate mitigation and litigation activity
- Building consultancy and surveys, including support on dilapidation claims
- Asset management
- Residential Corporate Services and relocation support
Disposing of surplus space
Benefiting from our extensive database and access to the latest market activity and lease expiries we are also able to manage the marketing and disposal (including sub-leasing) of surplus premises